Sunday, December 6, 2009

World AIDS DAY LETTER TO SGAC

Dear Princeton University Students,

On behalf of all the Namibian people, I sincerely thank you for coming to this concert to raise money for the global fund. I say this as the first Namibian student to graduate from Princeton and as an alumnus of the student global AIDS campaign. I am here at home and I am writing to you as employee of a Global Fund project. For the past five months, I have been doing a census of all the health facilities – that is clinics, hospitals, health centers, army sick bays and voluntary and counseling centers for HIV in Namibia. I work for the Ministry of Health which implemented this project and gave me the job as the data editor for the census. Thanks to the global fund, the government will finally know what needs to be done to improve the health services provided to children, mommies, daddies, aunts and uncles in Namibia. Our public health facilities will be better equipped to deal with the menace of TB, Malaria and AIDS. Plus, I get to use my earnings to become a public health student and do research next year - awesome! Your role as audience members, organizers and artists is much appreciated.

Pancho Mulongeni, ‘09

No comments:

Post a Comment