Sunday, December 6, 2009

What we did not know

What we did not know

What we did not know
Outside of the windows there are blue and black hues of Senegal,
The plane is still
I stand up from my seat and walk along the aisle
And then it rushes forward with a great velocity into the sea
The water pushes against us
And I hear water crash
Or something we did not know
Against us
Gargling us, and sucking us in fast
Necessitating me to sit down behind a seat, to protect me
Against that force,

The whole hollow interior of the plane is rushing forward
into the dark blue,
Velocity,
Ferocity,
Is this the Air France Atrocity?
Who knew,
L’avion a disparu
L’areo scomparso
But,
I never knew
Of this
Until only later at the end of our flight
After I had awoken from this dream
Did the lady sitting across the aile,
Next to me and my mother,
Did she tell me
After I told her
Baruh hashem, we have landed
Did she say
Thank goodness,
We have landed,
It is no easy task
What I then knew

Was that I had the power to wake up within my dream
And then again to the world I live in
To write,

No comments:

Post a Comment