Saturday, September 5, 2009

September

So it is nearly the 8th of September, when my brothers school will start again, for the third term.Had I still been at college, it would also be the start of a new year at Princeton. However, I know I am no longer there, so it is some other new year for me.
Year of change. My horoscope says that in november, irreversible changes will happen in my life. The idea of the irreversible, is there such a thing?I think I have somewhat come to terms with the fact I do not want to be a professional artist, choreographer.My life is now going to be about achieving the goal of a public health epidemiology career.
I have changed to a new youth group, since I am no longer at Princeton, where I used to be part of manna. I am still linked to individual manna members,but my link to the group as a whole, I guess no longer holds. The concept of belonging though in a Christian group transcends physical separation and graduation from an institution of higher learning.We could say we are in the Manna diaspora, post Princeton, where we are all over, but we keep the spirit of manna found on campus alive through prayer and sharing.The new group is great too. It is this Church called Highlands Assemblies of God. We are going to have a 70s dance night.I am in a duet with another member Petrine. She is a law student at the University of Namibia. She is challenging, she challenged me to keep on going with my idea for the dance, just as I thought we should end it, she told me on Thursday "You have the idea of alcohol but now you need to expand on it."After work I went to our dance rehearsal at the Highlands Church near my house, where I did the warm up for the group, I led it that is. Then we rehearsed our group peice over and over again, which left me tired and famished.It was as if I almost did not want to rehearse anymore. It was then that Petrine asked as to go over our duet and we did. Our realization was that we need more.So we have more. At this point, I could describe our dance. I guess it has staggering ( as I am typing this my mom is telling me about how I should scare my dad into coming home at a normal time every night by threatening to sue him for emotional abuse)
So let me leave that point. I prayed to God that the right opportunity would arise to speak with my father. The time I got was today, sitting next to him at the SWAPO launch of the 2009 election manifesto.I told him IN BULGARIAN, "Dad listen, please do not come home late anymore, your name, Mulongeni, means teach him, but you are not around to teach Picky, he needs you"His answer was typical, predictable, the "ok fine", which I was expecting. He was MCing the launch of the SWAPO manifesto, (if you don't know what SWAPO is, google it)
Hopefully he will come home soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment