Sunday, November 22, 2009

Surreal Annaul giving

I picked up the phone and on the other end, I heard the voice of an American young woman.
Slowly she started the conversation "Hello, is this Mr Mulongeni?"
Was she calling from the CDC or USAID office, what would they want from me now on Sunday evening, just after dinner.

"Yes it is, this is Pancho", I replied in hope of some like job offer (even though I am going to be a fulltime student next year, its good to be wanted).

"I'm from Princeton".
Junior, Tigercall, annaul giving. This was the content of our exchange. I asked her what class she was and she told me that she was a junior.
The accent. I noticed it now.
I could imagine her calling from Princeotn, where the sun is just about setting, from a cubicle in the housing buidling (is that where they do Tigercall).
Now I am off to donate my $10 (I can't donate less than the cost of the call!)

No comments:

Post a Comment