Saturday, July 16, 2011

July 2nd

So many thing have happened since that eclipse. The week after I went to an event organized by the LGBTI network. I met Etienne. Oh did we have a real life conversation? It was magical and what a connection.

Today I was with my neighbor Lorentia, at her house. I sat outside in her yard, with my back to her fence, in the dappled dying winter sunlight, I wrote this poem for Etienne. I had sent him a message last Sunday, after we met, through facebook, but there was not reply. Do I assume he is not into me or is it just that he needs time or that he is just cautious. Yikes! Along came a spider, right now, on my curtain. I do love arachinids, but not this kind, they are wide and flat with stripped legs. I could have caught it and fed it to the brown widow (Lactrodectus geometricus) that is handing just beside my wardrobe, over here. She is there, suspended waiting for prey.

Next week the national museum will be open including the arachnology department, where I spent many a good afternoon with Erin Griffin and the arachnids I came to love. I think I will meet interesting people there, just like I met these two Americans today the monthly walk at the botanical gardens – one an anthro student and his professor who is a department chair of a big well known US university.

Do you remember the line from Trick, the movie, I need to get it!

Miss Coco Peru: ‘So he comes in my eye and the next thing I know he’s out the door. Do you know what its like to have cum in your eye Gabriel, it buns! So I call the number he gave me the next and you know what it turns out to be the number of the Brooklyn Botanical Garden’.

I never went there, I guess I still can.

9th July 2011. (9 de Julio 2011)

Nunca me ha contestado ese hombre, pero ya no me importa. Hay que decir que unas personas te contestan a su modo, es decir, no contestan, te ignoran a ti y luego lo entiendes que no quieren ligar contigo. Quizás eso fue lo que pasó con Etienne. Pero eso no importa más ni Philip – un germano namibio al que invité a almorzar conmigo hace casi un mes al conocerlo en el estudio de camel art y a los pocos minutos conocí a su novio –Memo que es mexicano. Aunque no me lo dijeron directamente, que eran una pareja, eso se hizo bastante obvio y no había que decirlo sino aceptarlo y entenderlo.

Bueno, ya estoy muy harto de todo eso, de está búsqueda interminable (me parece) de una pareja, de un novio entre los escasos hombres potenciales que se encuentran en esta ciudad. ¡Basta ya! Dios, ayúdame por favor, que tu paz me llene el corazón y que no me aleje de tu camino. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment