Saturday, February 26, 2011

Somwhere over the Rainbow - you'll find a job

“Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high, there’s a…..lulaby”

When I woke up today, after my usual wondering around, I turned on the radio-phone and I heard the voice of Judy Garland singing this song from the Wizard of Oz.

I loved it and with it I moved stretching out my arms into the heavens, peering through the glass of my window at the tree outside, collecting together the my blankets of the floor (where I sleep).

Thank you Lord for this beautiful day! Thank you for Judy and the songs she sang

“…somewhere over the raindbow...”

“When I wish upon a falling star…..” she sings quickly, with a bouncy melody to slow down and stretch out the words “…that’s where you’ll find me!”

Judy, I am glad I am writing about it! The last time I heard this song was in my head a few months ago when I was walking back home from the city center and there was a rainbow, c’era un arcobaleno magnifico che sorgeva da una parte, alzava verso l’alto dei cielli per lo spazio sovrastante e poi scendeva per incontrare la terra dall’altra parte. Che bellezza!

I now heard it again

This post is about thanksgiving.

Thank you dear Lord for that song.

Thank you for my birthday dear Lord that I could live another year! Thank you that you put the people in the right place and I was there at the right time.

I went to a meeting I dressed for it, because I felt it would look bad for the HIV Clinicians’ Society if I just showed up in shorts and a T-shirt, and I took the minutes. We met with Pharmaccess and by the end of the meeting, the lady from this NGO asked me to call her about chatting. As I walked out of the door I turned once more to say goodbye. And then she said “Yes, please call me, not only because of the health facility census [my last job] but because we are short of staff”

“Can I send you my CV”

“Yeah do that.”

This was about a week ago Wednesday.

Yesterday was my birthday and my new colleagues at Pharmaccess treated me to a cake! They also gave me a birthday card. And that lady I met last week, she is my boss.

I am a research assistant/intern and the best part is I am doing what I was doing at home – studying statistics and aiming to analyze data collected in Namibia – but I will be paid for it. What a blessing!

So what’s the moral of the story? Always dress well for a meeting.

1 comment:

  1. Splendid!! You found a job and one you're happy about, no less! Congratulations! Mariel

    ReplyDelete