Saturday, February 5, 2011

Sandals Extreme


The straps of the sandals slit open and the beads fell off

To hit the ground,

Click click, tick tick

Do you hear the sound?

On the ground I sit, crouched and my fingers roll bead after bead

As I pray “Ave Marie…”

Now its all over

…madre di Dio…

I had my turn to cry

I still remember

And I sigh

The sandals you slit (brother)

Why did you have to kill them?

Yet no-one died in my house that day,

Lord was this a becoming end for a man?

Mr Kato died,

A death as sudden as the drop of beads on the floor

He was hammered

Those sandals were not build for me,

“These are women’s plakkies”

I knew that when I bought them, silly,

But I took them not so they could die

And it would be my turn to cry

Thank Lord for mother Mary,

With life (and Lord) I am still enamoured,

The Rosary

The prayers

Set us free!

But some of the pain still lingers

And there is (or is they not?) a way for it to recede,

Can blood return to the wound from whence it came?

Can we just go on, all the same?

I’ll never wear a pair of those again,

Till become like those singers

Who sing where thou shall not step

Tick tick, click click

Do you hear the sound?

No comments:

Post a Comment