Saturday, July 3, 2010

July 3rd 2010

Blog roll.

Well I have not much time for this entry as in about 17 minutes, (about) I have to get ready to go to the theatre and perform there!

Nonetheless, here is a low down of what my week has been like.

I am applying to the WITS University. They have a great public health school and epidemiology program. If Joao Biehl cited them and if Phillip Tobias (doctor, anthropologist and scientist) studied and taught there then it should be good.

Before I can apply, I need to have my degree evaluated (yes, they have “never heard of Princeton”, I called and asked.) So much for prestige. The process of doing the evaluation was lengthy – just to have it sent to SAQA, cost me a lot of energy. I did not even start writing my personal statement for the application, which by the way, I will also use for an application for the Collins Trust.

Fore, all of a sudden an image of Fore came into my mind and I recall the yellow cream buildings, green creepers on the walls.

In any case, let me write something that will flex my writing muscles.

Paragraph 1 : A reflection on having to make a certified copy of my degree at US embassy for the evaluators.

Whoever invented telephone sure knew how to disappoint people. Invariably, this person was American, because voice recorded messages are American – we see people leaving them for others in the movies as children, or at least I did. Oh Goodness, I cannot even finish this entry, because my mother wants to find the damned electronic cigarette charger. Will write more later.

Pargarph 2: Jesus I love you. Why did i not turn to you oh Lord? At three yesterday I prayed “Oh Jesus, all day I have been with Martha, now let me sit at your feet with Mary and just look at you , but Lord I am still busy with Martha”. This was at the 3:07, a few minutes are the death our Lord on the Cross, which was also on Friday at 3:00pm. I could have stopped arranging my electronic bank transfers and form filling, my checking off the to do list and my mental calculations of time, to do yoga as I pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy. I did not manage to send off my application to SAQA yesterday. I did it this morning. There was not need to rush.

How annoying it is to hear my mother call “nyama go chargera, nyama go” – “ there is no charger, there is no charger”, as I write.

I am annoyed, and Lord, how can I find your peace to respond kindly, with patience, with Love, rather than in irritation? Lord please give me your peace.

Ticked off? Ask the Lord for His peace.

In one piece that I dance tonight, I am security guard, patrolling a park at night, when he comes across a woman crying on a bench. I wake her, we dance, we go into a fantasy and I realize that I am gay, but that I also am not under pressure to be her man. Somos amigos y ella no me necesita construir una identidad ilusadora.

Quotations – Tsitazi – Citations 3 July 2010.

“Si come no la maggior parte dei ballerini sono bambini”

Io rispondendo a Claudia, un italiana che è in corso di addottare una bambina namibiana, Marta, con la quale e insieme due o tre altre famiglie, verrano al mio sptaccollo di danza –“ Just Dancing”. Si preoccupava della possibilità che lo spteccallo non sia adequato per bambini e l’ho rassicurata che completatmente il contrario di quello che pensi. Dovevo dire “la maggior parte dei ballerini è costituita da bambini” per dirlo grammaticalmente correto, pero chi se ne frega?

“Taka ne mozhe da buda Pancho, ne mozhe!” Tova beshe maikaimi. Tai vikashe ot yat che ne mojeshe da nameri neinia charger za elektronic cigarette. Az i podarix tazi electrona tsigara za nova godina i tya zapochno seriozna da e pushi ot skoro, no ot nyakolko dni e beshe zagubila. Az tuko shto e izvadih ot dalbochinite na neynata chanta, puxnax si ratsete v enda “uronova dupka” kadeto sa i izchezvali mnogo chervila himikalki i drugi neshta. Sled kato izvadix neinata electrona tsigara se setixme che nyamal chargera. “Az go turix tuka vchera na cabineta, sega i nyama”. “Tuka e turix , tuka , kade e sega? Dyavola krie neshtatani.” Ne e li ironichno? Ne za naz, to va normalna, za tova maikami izpishtia “tova ne mozhe da produlzhi taki,” smeieke si.

No comments:

Post a Comment