Monday, February 8, 2010

Update Feb 7th

Topsy Turvy day, in a way. I meant to download some articles and things about a survey of health facilities done in Kenya, but really now I am about to go to bed. It did not materialize.

Well it was not my fault, I could not use the internet at home, the modem was misplaceed in my brothers room, hidden.

I had my third driving lesson today, and I was driving in an area called Otjomuise, just a 10 mins from my house. There are shaccks there, mostly, shinny corrogated iron amidst the green hills or the rolling lanscape. My teacher is great. I will see him and will be driving again in 12 hours, about, since it is in the morning.

Then laster I went to return an overdue book. I did and went to the post office. But so many things caught my attention and crossed my mind there in the Windhoek City Center.
I thought of donating blood (but I am due for donation only tomorrow) and even going to the American cultural center.
I actually went there to withdraw the money I needed to pay the fine (I was just 30c short and that made me withdraw). I ended fasting through the lunchtime here. I was hungry, but I sat on two slabs of concrete, under a tree, against a wall, by the roadside not far from the place where I had to pay. And read. I read the book "To Chicago and Back" in Bulgaria, by Aleko Constantinov.

Then later in the library, I do go (I did not pay today, the que was too long, but I did meet a girl with whom I spoke in Afrikaans, here name is Renne, and she is from Luderitz, but lives here and studies at the Polytechnic) and read through books. There is a cool med anthro book I should borrow there.

I also stumbled upon a book biophysics, the same one in the lab where I worked, that belonged to Joshua Shaevitz, the biophysicist who share the whole megaspace with us, his lab is the first in the space from the Poe field.
I also found out tha the first Namibia contemporary dance company performed on Saturday, little did I know. I know all of the dancers, but none of them called me. I only found out through a facebook invite to become a fan of their group "first rain" dance company. They are gorgeous, at least one of the guys who dances is. I mean in the sense of his lines, he has gorgeos lines, the long linge from the toe to the other foot of a ponchee,like the one of a ballerina dipping down, with her back leg reaching up to the heavens.
I wonder why they did not tell me. I guess, they did not even consider asking me to audition. But anyway, I am involved in these other things here. My article writing does take up time, energy. I am focused on them and dance seems to have taken a hobby type of role in my life.But not to even tell me about the performance, I even saw on of the choreographers and performers on Friday, at the Mall and he did not mention it! I was there not to shop, but to cut through it on my way to Management Sciences for Health (Google them), cause I want an internship there. No longer this struggle, this struggle to understand why I am not "that person" who can just wake up and want to choreograph and dance, for my life. Now I am at peace.

Actually, I did wake up on Sunday, yesterday having dreamt that I was a clown and I made people laugh. I was extending my leg with heel jutting through the air as I flexed my foot, in a red clown costume. I also told jokes. Jokes, really me? I decided I wanted to become a "clinic" clown. In Namiba, they just started now, clinic clowns, for children that are sick. It is a great thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment