Saturday, June 20, 2009

Interesting week

So here I am writing. And my week has been so interesting.

My mom want's me to give my dad what is called a "missed call" wherby you call someone and hang up and because they see your number on the screen and then call you back.
I am soo annoyed by the fact she is asking me to give him a missed call from my phone, because he apparently does not pick up when she calls with hers.
She gave the missed call and now he is calling back and she is going to answer, " ALLO zashto ne se obazhdash zashto ne digash..." Why don't you call, why don't you answer?

I just spoke to him
"Daddy come home, now please, stop with this alcoholo"
"I'm not drinking"
"Then what are you doing then"
"It's world music day ( by the way I danced in an ampitheatre in zoo park (not the zoo, just a park called zoo park in Windhoek) today and I was awarded a shirt from the franco-namibian cultural centre)."
"World Music day celebrations are over come home"
"Ok"
The 'ok' signifies that he will come sometime when I am asleep.
The difficulty of confronting this problem, of him comming home late after drinking. I am not in position to preach. I mess up too, but then I know how find help, does he?
I hope so. And how do I address it?
OK, it's an affirmation.
Another part of the web of lies that we weave in this family, where everyone knows about everyone.
I had a dream the other day I was by the sink, et j'etais en train de faire vaisselle (j'ai google' ce mot) and my mother was by my side. And I just could'nt take it anymore, in my hands, I was washing the plates and I felt the suds on my skin and at the same time I said, no I don't like vanilla ice cream, I only like caramel, that's it!

My friend, one of my best friends, no my best friend, Chinonto says that people in my family know this. But they are not accepting it, not to themselves. They are just waiting for me,
Waiting for me to say something.

No comments:

Post a Comment