Sunday, March 11, 2012

Christmas songs in March



I just go these Christmas songs, I actually got the email months ago in my old account (pancho767@hotmail.com) that I never use, and only check sometimes. They are songs sung by my dear friend Zach Marr with his best friend Daniel. He sent them to me two days before Christmas, but I did not open it then (what was I doing? then).
I loved the first song 'Santa Claus is about to expire, because he is so fat he will have a heart attack' or something or the other. I felt humor tingled with sadness hearing this. Well first of all, it is funny and overweight Santa Claus, and more so since I work in the field of public health and I have presented on cardiovascular risk disease profiles (obesity!) of a population here in Namibia. But then also we lost a colleague in South Africa, the esteemed professor Mark Colvin, to a heart attack at the end of January. He was the research leader of the project we are doing to understand the HIV epidemic of Namibia. I would not be sitting in my office here, writing this, before I read up about modes of transmission, were it not for him. 

Zach Marr's voice is so mesmerizing, as wonderful as ever. Who is this other boy Daniel? Is it the tall Daniel from Princeton , programmer, with a Jewish parent, but he choses to practise Christianity? I am not so sure. I think that profile fits many people who have graduated Princeton, but I know which one I am talking about, with his glasses and a friend of Zach and myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment