Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Youth Group

I found a new youth group that I will go to. It now has become part of the several youth groups I have gone to in my life, an addition to, rather than a replacement of Manna. The poeple that go there are our age, and a bit older, I think.
It is at a pentacostal church, rosy pink, near my home, called Highlands ASSEMBLIES of God. Growing up, I knew of this Church, but only recently have I gone. I am also involved in starting up a Catholic Youth Group that will bridge the gap between the main Cathedral in Windhoek center and my own parish near where I live. My hope is that it will also reach out to other parishes, so that we can do community serivce (volunteer) and how fun as well.
I have come to realize that the model of worship at the fellowships as Princeton is well established in the charasmatic churches here.
Interestingly, rather than being controlled by a central Church in the US, the form of worship, with a band, a powerpoint projection and those American praise have been exported. Through the dissemination of this form of liturgy (if it can be called that), all those movements are united, singing common songs, such as " Blessed Be the Name of the Lord", "Heart of Worship" and "There's no God like Jehovah" and common extatic experiences, which are marked by physical manefestations of the Spirit, through song, dance and speaking in tongues.

No comments:

Post a Comment