Saturday, August 1, 2009

JOB

So Now, I am working for the Service Provision Assessment Survey. I am doing the management of the data entry, supervising it. I have to compile tables on the number of things that are missing, the number of things that are found and give these to the National Supervisors of the survey, or census, as it is, since all health facilities are included.

It is kind of daunting. My boss, this wonderfull lady named Jeanne left for Maryland on Friday. She is really amaizing, she has been doing for over 30 years and programs in CS pro and taught me how to use DOS. Amaizing. She said I was a blessing to her and that we have the same brain, though hers is not perfect. I learnt a bit of her coding language, the one used for the survey and I want to do more. Now I am aiming to do the minimum, to do just what she told me. Confused? When I achieve the minimum, then I go for the maximum otherwise, I have nothing.,
I found this out at Princeton University. Me being called, a treasure and a blessing, these probably have something to do with my training at Princeton.

I am paid by the Global Fund for HIV and Malaria, PEPFAR and USAID. Funny. At school, as a member of the Student Global AIDS campaign, I asked people to petition to exent PEPFAR funding to Sub-Saharan Africa, and here I am benefiting from it. My aim is to save $2000, which will be enough, I hope to do my MPH and thesis here in Namibia. There is alot I can do here in epidemiology.

No comments:

Post a Comment